Saturday

Living in Sengkang

People always like to ask me- why did you choose a house in SengKang? What is so good about SengKang?

Well, honestly, I do not think it's the most convenient location for a residential flat,but it's not that bad.

Since mid last year, govt is building a sports complex, and a fruit tree garden about 2 blocks behind our flat- as proposed and announced on TV end of last year.

We, my hubby and I are quite glad about the announcement.

Our flat is locaed next to the river(also called punngol river, if I am not wrong). I love the greenery along side the river. It makes me feel that I am living in a garden. Though some might say it means the place is equaly inaccessible.

(Hmm, rich people also like to live in remote places right?hehee)

Yes, it is quiet and the flats near my place are new...

err, I guess there is no 'win win' situation here. As if you choose to live in a 'forest', then you could not possibly expect the forest is located in the centre of the city. Right?

There are alot of good news about the new town which govt is planning for 'punngol 21'. I really love the idea (though 2021 is abit far away...)! I am waiting for the circle line too. Once it's done then my life could be extended much more as my time would be saved much more from standing and travelling in mrt trains and buses.

Another thing, which is getting me worried, is the crowd during and around meal times in Compass Point. It is getting more and more difficult to find seats in order to have a proper meal recently (heard that residents from the buangkok new flats are moving in, which might be one of the stressers). I really cannot imagine what will the situation turns out next year, when the flats in Fernvale would be ready too.
(cross my finger and pray hard...)

So meanwhile, we will just settle down for this flat next to the river- and waiting for the park beside it to be completed soon.

At least, we can enjoy a fresh air jog (I would like to believe its clean) easily as we want to. For now.

No comments: